Whew! I had just gotten my breath back from all of the work involved with accepting The Versatile Blogger Award, when I was gifted with another one! With more conditions. (Where are all those awards that only require you to sit back and say ‘thank you?’ I want one of those.)
Lesa’s Bald Faced Liar “Creative Writer” Blogger Award was given to me by my friend Cat Woods from over at “Words From the Woods.”
The conditions to accepting the “Creative Writer” Award:
1. Thank the person who gave me the award and link to her.
Thank you, Ms. Woods. It was fun to discern your lie from your truths, and I hope that am as successful at confounding people as you were.
2. Add the award to my blog.
3. Tell six outrageous lies about myself and one truth OR tell six truths and one outrageous lie. YOU get to guess which I chose, as well as which statement is the truth or the lie. (Mwa ha ha.)
4. Nominate six creative liars writers and post links to them.
See tomorrow’s post.
5. Let the nominees know they have been nominated.
Here are my seven statements – mostly truths, or mostly lies? You decide:
1. I wrote my first manuscript when I was seven. It was a mystery, entitled, “The Adventures of Powder Puff Pig.” I made a nice little booklet and drew a rather straggly pig with a fluffy back on the cover. I couldn’t think of anything to say past the first page.
2. I used to love selling Girl Scout cookies door to door (when I was little, you could still do that relatively safely). People were always giving me extra money, but instead of putting it into the troop fund, I would use it to buy more cookies, for myself.
3. I am the proud owner of an Australian shepherd, three cats and a gerbil. The Gerbil’s name is Hank. The dog is Max, and the cats are Sam, Henry, and Sally. The next pet I have my eye on is a chinchilla, so that I can use it as a lap warmer for those cold nights in front of the TV. When it dies of old age, I can have a hat made out of it, and not feel guilty.
4. I love 3-D movies. Give me a pair of those glasses, and I am in another world for ninety minutes. I can’t wait until they start selling the new 3-D televisions, and I’ll be able to watch everything that way.
6. I was such a fast swimmer in high school that I went all the way to the State Championships when I was a junior. I almost won first place in freestyle, but right before I touched the wall, someone’s little sister jumped from the deck into my lane and landed right on my head. My coach actually had to jump in and save both of us. They declared the heat invalid, but it affected me so badly that I didn’t even place when we reswam it.
7. One of my old boyfriends is a famous movie star, but I won’t mention who, to protect his anonymity. Let’s just say that Demi wasn’t his first cougar.
One is true, or one is a lie. Let me know your guesses in the comments, and I’ll post the answers tomorrow, along with the nominees. (Accepting the award is optional, of course – it’s just for fun.) 🙂