Is anyone else feeling bogged down with reading/writing activities right now?
(not necessarily in this order)
1. Finish reading the library book that I have been squeezing in between other time commitments, because it is due on Sunday and I’ve already renewed it the maximum number of times.
2. Complete the critique of a manuscript for two critique partners who have co-authored a novel (I’m only on page 35).
3. Rewrite my query letter (again!), this time baldly including the fact that my manuscript is really two stories that alternate throughout the novel.
4.“Attend” WriteOnCon for the next three days.
5. Finish reading Cry the Beloved Country. (My book group discussed it last evening, but I had only managed to get to page 104.)
6. Start reading next month’s book group novel (Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society).
7. Get back to either of the two manuscripts I’m in the middle of working on, which haven’t seen the light of day in months.
8. Read/comment on writer friends’ blogs.
9. Lurk on AQConnect.
10. Write my blog posts for the week.
I have been randomly chipping away at these tasks, but today decided to make a schedule and stick to it, at least until I can get the critiquing and reading under control.
What do YOU do when overload strikes?